The Allied moving day checklist is designed to assist you in remembering the last-minute details come moving day. One of the busiest days of your life is about to arrive. Are you as prepared as you should be?
Complete the Allied Moving Checklist
- Try to complete all the tasks below on the moving day checklist prior to move day so that you can be home during the loading process.
- Many times the driver will have questions that only you can answer. It is important that you or someone you've designated be available throughout the loading process.
- It's best to utilize this moving day checklist prior to the actual arrival of the truck.
Clearly mark and set aside items you don't want loaded
- This will remind you to tell the driver what not to load as you conduct your preload walkthrough.
- Make sure your important paperwork pertaining to the move doesn't get packed and shipped with your household goods.
Pack special items for the kids
- Have the kids pack a box of their "special" items. Point this box out to the driver so it's one of the first to be unloaded.
- You may want to arrange for someone to take care of the kids (and pets) while the movers are packing and loading your items. Have the caregiver bring the kids back home prior to the truck leaving as it important for young children to understand where their belongings are going.
Moving Checklist: Clear walkways
- Make it safe and easy for your movers to get in and out of your house by removing all obstructions:
- Move potted plants and planters from front porch, walkways and driveways.
- Remove all door and floor mats.
- Remove all rugs. The crew will protect the floors with a specially designed floor covering that does not slip.
- Remove low hanging items such as wind chimes or hanging plants.
- Disconnect the spring on the screen door so that it stays open during the loading process.
- If you had the moving company pack for you, work with them to keep walkways clear for the driver and crew.
Moving Checklist: Point out special items
- Once the mover arrives, point out items that are most special to you during the walkthrough. All your items will be handled professionally, but take a moment to show them which ones mean the most to you.
- Point out the boxes you would like to have unloaded first, if they are not going into storage. These boxes may include kitchen and bathroom items, or your children's toys.
Moving Checklist: Before the driver leaves
- Make sure you understand all the paperwork you are signing before the driver departs. If there is something that is confusing to you, ask your driver to explain it before you sign it.
- Provide the driver with your destination contact information. Take down any information the driver can provide such as his cell phone, pager and satellite tracking information. If something changes, you won't have to wait to be contacted.
- Ask the driver if your shipment is the last he/she will be loading. Find out when the last shipment goes onto the trailer. This will give you an indication as to when they will be departing for your new home. Ask the driver about his/her plans for delivering your items.
Find out as many details as you can prior to the driver leaving your residence.
- The driver may give you your delivery window. Keep in mind that it is really only an estimate at the time of loading. Many factors can change the schedule for the driver, so try to remain flexible.
- Ask the driver to call you with changes so that you can adjust your plans accordingly.
- If you have a delivery spread (a sequence of 2 or more days that your shipment can be delivered on and still be considered on time) understand that you can and may be delivered on any one of those days.
- Take one last sweep of the house before the driver leaves. Look through all closets, shelves, in the garage, attic, crawl space, storage unit, under the stairs, on the walls and any place else things may be hiding. You do not want to find out, after the driver is on the way, something was left behind.
Allied's Moving Checklist Will Help You
Our moving day checklist is here for you to use to better prepare for your actual moving day. The small details and things you can do in preparation for your movers will make a big difference when it comes time to move. Something as simple as Allied's moving day checklist makes what can be a complicated process much easier.
+4021 221 95 46
Need a Free Moving Estimate?